The new regulations in England, which come into effect on 5 November and are due to expire (unless renewed) on 2 December, make it an offence to leave or be outside of the place where you are living without reasonable excuse. Therefore we are not supporting any Cycling UK group activity until the lockdown has been lifted.
How can I continue to ride?
Under the new restrictions, cycling and being active is still strongly encouraged. However, we are suggesting following this guidance:
- Only ride alone, with those in your household/support bubble, or with one person from another household.
- We suggest you exercise locally wherever possible and avoid driving to another location to begin your ride.
- Stay two metres apart from anybody not from your household/support bubble.
- If you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms, are self-isolating, are sharing a household /support bubble with somebody with symptoms, or have been told to self-isolate after being contacted by NHS Test and Trace, you should stay at home.
- There are no restrictions on how long or how often you can ride, however we recommend that you stay within your ability level and prepare accordingly, especially if you are riding alone.
- For essential journeys, the Government is encouraging people to cycle or walk where possible.
Find out more on the Gov.uk website here.
Please see the coronavirus Q&A page for full details on informal and solo riding.